- This event has passed.
TYC Journal Club: Moiré materials and flat bands: the case of twisted transition metal dichalcogenides bilayers
4 April @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join us on Monday 4 April at 11am on Zoom.
In this meeting, Valerio Vitale will discuss his work on:
Moiré materials and flat bands: the case of twisted transition metal dichalcogenides bilayers.
- Intro to the physics of moiré materials and the field of twistronics
- Flat bands and electron correlation
- Twisted transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs) bilayers as a realisation of moiré materials
- Challenges in modelling the atomic and electronic structure of moiré materials
- Our multiscale approach: Classical force fields and ab initio tight-binding
Hope to see you all there!
Joining on Zoom:https://ucl.zoom.us/j/708748699?pwd=MU50Wi9Dc1IyTkcxenRBalY5dm9rZz09 Meeting ID: 708 748 699
Vasileios Fotopoulos Fotis